Specialized NVIDIA embedded GPU
Embedded GPU vision system
MRTech SK develops compact comprehensive solutions based on the NVIDIA embedded GPU technologies, that perfectly adaptable for multi-camera, 3D Vision, airborne and other mobile applications. We offer our customers ready-to-use and/or specialized embedded graphical systems with NVIDIA Jetson TX1/TX2 supercomputer modules.
The advantages of such systems are:
- Availability of specialized Jetson TX1/TX2 carrier
- Customized design with a wide selection of hardware blocks and interfaces
- MRTech high performance software for image & video processing
- Fast HW / SW prototyping using NVIDIA development kits
- Rapid time-to-market
On demand MRTech team can implement sophisticated real time video processing algorithms in such compact low power hardware, including:
- Real-time object detection, localization and classification based on state of the art neural net
- Robust real-time object tracking algorithms etc.
Below you can find description of a typical configuration of the embedded video system and some examples of implementations.
- NVIDIA® Jetson TX1 System-on-Module – 256 CUDA cores, Quad ARM® A57/2 CPU or
- NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 System-on-Module – 256 CUDA cores, Dual Denver Quad ARM® A57/2 CPU
Jetson carrier – Phoxi board is a specialized carrier for NVIDIA® Jetson TX1/TX2 module specially designed by XIMEA xiLab for customized USB3 and PCIe board-level cameras.
Physical parameters of Phoxi carrier:
- Dimensions: 87 x 50 x 29 mm (with TX1/TX2 module)
- Weight: 33 grams (without TX1/TX2 module)
- Single power source: 12V DC
Phoxi carrier interfaces:
- 2x PCIe Gen2 x2 port for FFC/FPC cable
- 2x USB 3.0 port for FFC/FPC cable
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- GPIO of Jetson TX1/TX2
- Cameras GPIO
Up to four semi-housed XIMEA xiC / xiX cameras can be used with Phoxi carrier board, such as:
- Compact cameras with Sony Pregius™ sensors – from 2.3 MPix (165 fps) to 12 MPix (31 fps)
- High-performance PCIe cameras – from 12 MPix (130 fps) to 50 MPix (30 fps)
- Customized XIMEA cameras with USB3 and PCIe interfaces
- Linux for Tegra
Machine Vision software:
- XIMEA xiAPI – application programming interfaces, libraries, tools for comfortable use of XIMEA cameras
- Fastvideo Lab software for high speed imaging on NVIDIA GPUs
- MRTech Image Flow processing software for building full image processing pipelines in machine vision systems including acquisition, color pre-processing, encoding, streaming, disk writing, etc.
PCI Express – Ultimate Camera Interface for Vision Systems
PCIe as a camera interface has variety of decisive advantages, that are:
- Minimizes latency and CPU overhead
- Seamlessly delivers image data directly to the host memory via Scatter/Gather DMA
- Supports distances from millimeters to hundreds of meters
- Aggregation of multiple imagers into one wire/fiber
- Thin to none SW stack
Then, as XIMEA Technological Partners, we use their xPlatform technology in our cases.
xPlatform can be defined as a combination of XIMEA PCIe cameras xiX and xiB series plus Aggregation Technology specially designed for multi-camera systems. It helps provide:
- Several cameras aggregation into one high bandwidth upstream up to 64 Gbit/s
- Maximum compactness, scalability and modularity
Besides of that, our image processing software is 100% compatible with that technologies.