Technologies for vision applications
Embedded vision system
MRTech SK develops comprehensive solutions based on the NVIDIA embedded technologies, that perfectly adaptable for multi-camera, 3D Vision, airborne and other mobile applications. We offer our customers standard or specialized embedded graphical systems with NVIDIA Jetson supercomputer modules.
The advantages of such video systems are:
- High-performance NVIDIA Jetson TX1/TX2 module with specialized carrier
- Customized design of your system with a wide selection of cameras, hardware modules and interfaces
- MRTech high performance software for image & video processing
- Ready-to-use systems with rapid time-to-market
Base module – NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 System-on-Module with:
- GPU: NVIDIA Pascal™, 256 CUDA cores
- CPU: Dual Denver2 plus Quad ARM® A57
- Memory: 8 GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC
xEC2 carrier board – specialized carrier for NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 module specially designed by XIMEA to connect customized PCIe and USB3 cameras of xiX / xiC / xiQ series. xEC2 carrier board has the following interfaces:
- 4x PCIe X2G2 connectors for ribbon camera interfaces
- 1x PCIe X4G2 connectors for ribbon camera interfaces
- 2x USB3 connectors for ribbon camera interfaces
- GPIO connector and GPIO DIP switches
- M.2 interface
- USB3 Type-A connector
- USB2 Micro-B connector
- Jetson pinout
- Power connector
- Fan power connector
Accessories: power supply 12V, 40W and Wi-Fi antenna.
Wi-Fi antenna connectors are located on Jetson TX2 module.
Physical parameters of the embedded computing system:
- TX2 module with carrier – 87 x 50 x 35 mm
- TX2, carrier, additional thermal plate with heat sink and fan – 92 x 54 x 60 mm
- TX2 module with carrier – 185 g
- TX2, carrier, additional thermal plate with heat sink and fan – 365 g
Up to four semi-housed XIMEA xiC / xiX cameras can be used with Phoxi carrier board, such as:
- Compact cameras with Sony Pregius™ sensors – from 2.3 MPix or to 12 MPix
- High-performance PCIe cameras – from 12 MPix to 50 MPix
- Customized XIMEA cameras with USB3 and PCIe interfaces
Operating system: Linux for Tegra
Machine Vision software:
- XIMEA xiAPI – application programming interfaces, libraries, tools for comfortable use of XIMEA cameras
- MRTech Image Flow processing software for building full image processing pipelines in machine vision systems including acquisition, color pre-processing, encoding, streaming, disk writing, etc.
On demand MRTech team can implement sophisticated real time video processing algorithms in such compact low power hardware, including:
- Real-time object detection, localization and classification based on state of the art neural net
- Robust real-time object tracking algorithms etc.
Embedded system with NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier will be available soon…
PCI Express – Ultimate Camera Interface for Vision Systems
PCIe as a camera interface has variety of decisive advantages, that are:
- Minimizes latency and CPU overhead
- Seamlessly delivers image data directly to the host memory via Scatter/Gather DMA
- Supports distances from millimeters to hundreds of meters
- Aggregation of multiple imagers into one wire/fiber
- Thin to none SW stack
Then, as XIMEA Technological Partners, we use their xPlatform technology in our cases.
xPlatform can be defined as a combination of XIMEA PCIe cameras xiX and xiB series plus Aggregation Technology specially designed for multi-camera systems. It helps provide:
- Several cameras aggregation into one high bandwidth upstream up to 64 Gbit/s
- Maximum compactness, scalability and modularity
Besides of that, our image processing software is 100% compatible with that technologies.